|Street view of the church turned office. All of the architectural elements have been saved and preserved, keeping the historic look of the building. A few years ago, the steeple was restored, the rotten wood being replaced with fresh lumber.|
Construction began on this church in 1888, and it was completed in 1889 at a total cost of $3,450.00. Originally built for the Methodist Episcopal South, the structure continued to house the various incarnations and mergers of the organization until it was replaced by a more modern structure in 1993.
|This side view of the building shows that a handicap ramp and bike rack have been constructed, promoting its use by all. Constructed of brick, the building features many arched windows filled with stained glass.|
|While no longer "branded," the decision was made to keep the original sign of the church. It is now disused, thought maintained.|
|A little worse for the wear, the original front doors are still in daily use.|
|Upon looking up, guests will notice the trapdoor leading to the bell tower. The lamp seems to be a modern replacement, though an effort has been made to match the original style somewhat.|
|Massive stained glass windows cover the building, flooding its interior with colorful light.|
Great care was taken to keep this historic building largely in it's original condition, while at the same time making it usable into its third century of existence. All of the modifications can be easily undone, and new pews placed back into the building. The whole structure could simply have been razed and replaced with a cinder block cube, devoid of any history or local context. Instead, a brave decision was made to save this interesting building, and we here at Eerie Indiana commend those craftsmen, designers and decision makers who made it possible.